O elected

Play nice.
If discussions turn into personal attacks against other forum members there will be consequences.

Moderator: Moderators

O elected

Postby ghost » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:33 pm

There is a big difference between O and Bush. O was elected and that is a celebration in its self. Bush was selected not elected.

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2000/dec20 ... -d29.shtml
ghost
Master of Chaos
 
Posts: 513
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:01 am

Re: O elected

Postby Nicc » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:11 pm

Same old lies ghost. The popular vote doesn't decide the president. The electoral vote does. And the votes in Florida were recounted by numerous entities both for and against Bush and the result was still the same. Bush was elected president. You really are a sad individual ghost. I'd like to have an intelligent debate with you sometime if you could ever rise to my level.
NO ME SAQUES SIN RAZON, NO ME ENBAINES SIN HONOR---"Draw me not without reason, Sheath me not without honor". Ancient Spanish Proverb from 16th century swordmaker--Gallegos.
User avatar
Nicc
King, International Playboy & VIP
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:42 pm

Re: O elected

Postby Numenor » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:38 pm

Bush won the election in 2000, Obama in 2008. It's that simple.
Numenor
High King & International Playboy
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:32 am

Re: O elected

Postby ghost » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:09 pm

Nicc wrote:Same old lies ghost. The popular vote doesn't decide the president. The electoral vote does. And the votes in Florida were recounted by numerous entities both for and against Bush and the result was still the same. Bush was elected president. You really are a sad individual ghost. I'd like to have an intelligent debate with you sometime if you could ever rise to my level.

What is your intelligent level? Please don't use Rush or Drudge cuz I expect better from you.
ghost
Master of Chaos
 
Posts: 513
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:01 am

Re: O elected

Postby ghost » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:14 pm

Numenor wrote:Bush won the election in 2000, Obama in 2008. It's that simple.

Please read http://www.wsws.org/articles/2000/dec20 ... -d29.shtml
ghost
Master of Chaos
 
Posts: 513
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:01 am

Re: O elected

Postby SilentRain » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:11 am

ghost, that article is just a sore loser whining.

A win is a win, there's no point in complaining about the rules or 'noting the distinctions' after the results are out. I'd be interested if you are talking about changing the rules for future elections, but what that guy wrote is complete crap. I'm glad that the supreme court intervened and made someone the president, even if I don't like the choice.
User avatar
SilentRain
Practitioner of Chaos
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:35 pm
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Re: O elected

Postby ghost » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:16 pm

SilentRain wrote:ghost, that article is just a sore loser whining.

A win is a win, there's no point in complaining about the rules or 'noting the distinctions' after the results are out. I'd be interested if you are talking about changing the rules for future elections, but what that guy wrote is complete crap. I'm glad that the supreme court intervened and made someone the president, even if I don't like the choice.

I guess it could be considered whining, but I don't think so. You must complain after votes are out, how do you know what happened before the votes are out? If you know there is cheating. I believe in the US being a republic government, republic means res public, which literally translates as "public thing" or "public matter". If the public asked for a court hearing then let it be so, but they did not.
ghost
Master of Chaos
 
Posts: 513
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:01 am

Re: O elected

Postby SilentRain » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:49 pm

ghost wrote: You must complain after votes are out, how do you know what happened before the votes are out?

Nothing will ever get decided if we listen to every sore loser's complaints about results. The point is you just have to take your loss because no one (including the other side) knew what's going to happen. What happened may not be the right thing, but overturning that result is worse.

ghost wrote: If you know there is cheating. I believe in the US being a republic government, republic means res public, which literally translates as "public thing" or "public matter". If the public asked for a court hearing then let it be so, but they did not.

Well, my side of the public say we have no interest in spending another day deciding whether it's Bush or Gore. The election day is over and we do not wish to wait another day to know who's going to be the next president.

Talking about changing the rule for future election is fair game, overturning the result due to unforeseen circumstances is not.
User avatar
SilentRain
Practitioner of Chaos
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:35 pm
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Re: O elected

Postby ghost » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:22 am

SilentRain wrote:
ghost wrote: You must complain after votes are out, how do you know what happened before the votes are out?

Nothing will ever get decided if we listen to every sore loser's complaints about results. The point is you just have to take your loss because no one (including the other side) knew what's going to happen. What happened may not be the right thing, but overturning that result is worse.

ghost wrote: If you know there is cheating. I believe in the US being a republic government, republic means res public, which literally translates as "public thing" or "public matter". If the public asked for a court hearing then let it be so, but they did not.

Well, my side of the public say we have no interest in spending another day deciding whether it's Bush or Gore. The election day is over and we do not wish to wait another day to know who's going to be the next president.

Talking about changing the rule for future election is fair game, overturning the result due to unforeseen circumstances is not.

What happened happened. It must be discussed with people that care more than you do to prevent it happening again. No matter what party.
ghost
Master of Chaos
 
Posts: 513
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:01 am

Re: O elected

Postby kaelari » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:42 am

SilentRain wrote:Talking about changing the rule for future election is fair game, overturning the result due to unforeseen circumstances is not.



but i want to keep recounting votes until my person wins :)
"The problem with elves is they aint got no meat on their bones. What you need is a good 450 pound dwarven woman. One with a nice thick beard you can really grab onto and swing from."
Image
User avatar
kaelari
Chief executive in charge of fantasy
 
Posts: 503
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: TBD

Re: O elected

Postby ghost » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:22 am

kaelari wrote:
SilentRain wrote:Talking about changing the rule for future election is fair game, overturning the result due to unforeseen circumstances is not.



but i want to keep recounting votes until my person wins :)

:lol:
ghost
Master of Chaos
 
Posts: 513
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:01 am

Re: O elected

Postby Kage72 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:42 pm

I just think the current electoral system is a complete joke. It should be popular vote. It's just completely insane to say if a state has 51% voting towards a candidate, we'll just pretend like the whole damn state voted for him unanimously. It's stupid. Not only are all the votes for the other candidate not counted, but they are actually in a sense given to the winner. Just stupid.

Sure, this means Gore woulda won his election. But, it's the right way to do it. I will never for the life of me understand why we still use this system.
User avatar
Kage72
King & International Playboy
 
Posts: 569
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:10 am

Re: O elected

Postby ghost » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:20 am

ghost
Master of Chaos
 
Posts: 513
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:01 am

Re: O elected

Postby Numenor » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:47 am

no, it's not. If you are a Republican living in California, then you can campaign and organize as much as you want, it won't have an impact. Probably even if Chris Rock runs for the democrats.

Only very few nations have a true popular vote though. But I definetly support Kage on this one.
Numenor
High King & International Playboy
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:32 am

Re: O elected

Postby ghost » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:23 am

Numenor wrote:no, it's not. If you are a Republican living in California, then you can campaign and organize as much as you want, it won't have an impact. Probably even if Chris Rock runs for the democrats.

Only very few nations have a true popular vote though. But I definetly support Kage on this one.

Support him on what? Not being involved from day 1 then want your vote for president to count? That is not how it works.
ghost
Master of Chaos
 
Posts: 513
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:01 am

Next

Return to Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron