new golden age

Play nice.
If discussions turn into personal attacks against other forum members there will be consequences.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: new golden age

Postby Kage72 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:21 pm

You are out there! So, we both have the freedom of speech to say what we want about the past candidates. At what point is freedom of speech hate? When you start calling somebody on the other side names? lol. It's hilareous to me that you make personal attacks yet presume to call yourself the mature one.

So, how much did you follow the election? Do you live in the U.S.? Or, do you just live outside and think you know more? How old are you? I admit I am a kid at heart, and therefore do speak emotionally. But, so do you.

Bottom line, I came to these threads with my perspective on something I followed closely. All I have heard are people reiterating the same anonymous accusation about the campaign and attack me for being the voice of opposition. You admit to double standards. Regardless of how you justify it, you see yourself on a higher level than I. Kinda tough to debate with somebody that blindly he feels he is superior, which you obviously do.
Kage72
King & International Playboy

Postby SilentRain » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:08 pm

Kage72 wrote: At what point is freedom of speech hate?

Check out what's happening in Thailand, India, and Georgia, now that's real hatred. What was expressed so far on this forum are merely child's play; you've lived for 36 years and this is all you can take? The emotion I wish to express is disgust, not hatred; you are not worthy of my hatred.

Kage72 wrote: When you start calling somebody on the other side names? lol. It's hilareous to me that you make personal attacks yet presume to call yourself the mature one.

The members on the forum here can decide for themselves who is the mature one. Talks of maturity from a 13 years old is laughable.

Kage72 wrote: So, how much did you follow the election? Do you live in the U.S.? Or, do you just live outside and think you know more? How old are you? I admit I am a kid at heart, and therefore do speak emotionally. But, so do you.

My family has been living in US for the past 16 years, and I live and work in Houston. I'm 23, just graduated from school and joined the workforce in the middle of this economic wreck. Though to be fair, this economic wreck has minimal effort on my company since we do solid business and play no game with money. So despite what's going on around the country, job security really isn't an issue for those that do their parts at my company.

Kage72 wrote: Bottom line, I came to these threads with my perspective on something I followed closely. All I have heard are people reiterating the same anonymous accusation about the campaign and attack me for being the voice of opposition.

Everyone is doing exactly what you are doing and you are doing exactly what you claim people are doing, what makes you think you are special?

Kage72 wrote: You admit to double standards. Regardless of how you justify it, you see yourself on a higher level than I. Kinda tough to debate with somebody that blindly he feels he is superior, which you obviously do.

Just bring yourself to my level, if you can. Is the maturity of at least 23 years old too much to ask?
SilentRain
Practitioner of Chaos

Postby Thundergod » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:25 am

Make sure you two don't take all this too personally.

The worst of the political discussions always annoy me but the best of them can be entertaining and educational.

We used to have a "Political Discussions" section on the old forum so I'm going to quarantine these types of discussions in their own new area.
Order is for idiots, genius can handle chaos.
Thundergod
Forum Deity

Postby Kage72 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:28 am

SilentRain wrote:Check out what's happening in Thailand, India, and Georgia, now that's real hatred. What was expressed so far on this forum are merely child's play; you've lived for 36 years and this is all you can take? The emotion I wish to express is disgust, not hatred; you are not worthy of my hatred.

All I can take? You have no idea what I have been through in my additional 13 years on this Earth. I am your senior, in every way. :)

SilentRain wrote:The members on the forum here can decide for themselves who is the mature one. Talks of maturity from a 13 years old is laughable.

Thier opinion is theirs to have. It doesn't dictate my thinking. You might be playing to the people, I'm not.

SilentRain wrote:My family has been living in US for the past 16 years, and I live and work in Houston. I'm 23, just graduated from school and joined the workforce in the middle of this economic wreck. Though to be fair, this economic wreck has minimal effort on my company since we do solid business and play no game with money. So despite what's going on around the country, job security really isn't an issue for those that do their parts at my company.

Ok, so you've lived in the U.S. for last 7 years of your life. 23. Where did you come from? Houston, huh? I grew up there. :) I was born in Detroit, grew up in Houston from 3-15, Do they still have strict schools? :) I was in their GT/Accel classes growing up and they were tough then moved to L.A. at 16. I was born in Motown, grew up and got my manners in Texas. :) Then, seen the "Wild Side" in Los Angeles. Isn't alot I haven't tried. :P

SilentRain wrote:Everyone is doing exactly what you are doing and you are doing exactly what you claim people are doing, what makes you think you are special?

I'm not special. But, I'm not personally attacking people like you started. :) I love a good debate. But, keep it on the topic.

SilentRain wrote:Just bring yourself to my level, if you can. Is the maturity of at least 23 years old too much to ask?

Bro, I must admit, I have let you bring me DOWN to your level :) I appreciate your honesty in your personal information. I now know there is know way you have a higher learning than myself. I know i can sound like a real jerk and/or arrogant in text. :P But, I won't take it personal if you dont.

I don't hate ya. :) But, I just constantly find myself fighting off your attacks. Because, you don't like me. That's cool. Take it to the game! :)
Kage72

Postby Kage72 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:31 am

Thundergod wrote:Make sure you two don't take all this too personally.

The worst of the political discussions always annoy me but the best of them can be entertaining and educational.

We used to have a "Political Discussions" section on the old forum so I'm going to quarantine these types of discussions in their own new area.

I hear ya. I love exchanging thoughts and ideas. I don't take personally. :)
Kage72

Postby ghost » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:00 pm

Thundergod wrote:Make sure you two don't take all this too personally.

Sorry if I created a problem TG, I very much like the entertaining and educational too.
ghost
Master of Chaos

Postby SilentRain » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:04 pm

Kage72 wrote:
SilentRain wrote:Just bring yourself to my level, if you can. Is the maturity of at least 23 years old too much to ask?

Bro, I must admit, I have let you bring me DOWN to your level :) I appreciate your honesty in your personal information. I now know there is know way you have a higher learning than myself. I know i can sound like a real jerk and/or arrogant in text. :P But, I won't take it personal if you dont.

For some reason, perhaps it's the language, the attitude, or the level of thinking/analysis, I feel like I'm talking to a 13 years old every single time, are you sure you are 36? What have you been doing with that extra 26 years of your life?

You do not sound like a real jerk and/or arrogant. I meant to describe a personality and I use the most precise description I can find, and in your case, a pathetic kid, no more, no less.

In any case, this discussion is pathetic, I'm done talking about Kage now.
SilentRain
Practitioner of Chaos

Postby Thundergod » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:46 am

Well you shouldn't be talking about each other anyway.

Now that you know a bit more about each other, how about just keeping it on topic.

I'm fairly sure you two can discuss the points you raise without personal attacks.

Now back to your corners and wait for the bell.
Order is for idiots, genius can handle chaos.
Thundergod
Forum Deity

Postby SilentRain » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:37 am

Back to the original point, if you are going to support McCain because you think he's the better man, on what ground are you complaining about other people (the ignorant white, the black, or however you want to label them) voting for Obama because they think he's the better man?

Besides, many people are supporting Obama because he's running on a favourable platform. McCain on the other hand, still hasn't clearly told the voters what his platform is till the election day ( well... other than don't vote for Obama, but how valuable is the leadership from a man whose platform is don't vote for the other guy ).
SilentRain
Practitioner of Chaos

Postby SilentRain » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:33 am

Kage72 wrote:Not sure how McCain alienates himself to Muslims. By being a supporter of Israel? The main thing about Obama was that he said he would talk with these fanatics without precondition. Which is basically giving in to terrorism. What are you gonna say to somebody that states "The holocaust never happened and that Israel should be wiped off the map"?. You think you can change their mind with promises or money? It's a scary thought that there are people like this leading countries. Perhaps Obama thinks he knows the magic words. Is it idealistic, naive and/or arrogant? Who can know for sure. All we can do is "try" to gauge a response on what history has shown us.

Somehow I missed this post.

Kage72 wrote:Not sure how McCain alienates himself to Muslims.

McCain camp alienates him from the Muslim support by making phone calls to mislead the voters to believe that Obama is Muslim. Colin Powell made a comment on this issue when he declared his support for Obama, and he brought up many good points in his comment. If McCain camp is implying that a Muslim cannot be the president of USA, then that alone is enough to vote against McCain, especially for Muslim Americans and their sympathizers.

Kage72 wrote: The main thing about Obama was that he said he would talk with these fanatics without precondition. Which is basically giving in to terrorism. You think you can change their mind with promises or money? It's a scary thought that there are people like this leading countries.

I'm fine with Obama's approach to the situation. I never considered terrorists to be a serious threat, and I've never understood why American public take terrorists seriously when domestic crimes and auto-related accidents lead the death tolls. My idea of dealing with the terrorists is to strengthen intelligence and stop their attacks; starting two wars in attempt to root them out is the real give in to the terrorists.

The real threats I'm concerned with are countries like Russia and China, armed with nuclear weapon, discontent with US dominance, and eager to contest US leadership. One nuclear war can mark an end to American history and yet we are putting all the resource on the fight against the terrorist whose best shot to date is 9/11? The terrorists are small fries by comparison, why is the entire country getting all worked up over it?
SilentRain
Practitioner of Chaos

Postby Kage72 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:41 pm

SilentRain wrote:McCain camp alienates him from the Muslim support by making phone calls to mislead the voters to believe that Obama is Muslim. Colin Powell made a comment on this issue when he declared his support for Obama, and he brought up many good points in his comment. If McCain camp is implying that a Muslim cannot be the president of USA, then that alone is enough to vote against McCain, especially for Muslim Americans and their sympathizers.

I hate to tell you... but yes... right now... there isn't even the slightest chance of a Muslim president. Shoot, some people think that Huckabee's Mormon faith is what hurts him. This is a Christian country altho you have the right to any religion.

SilentRain wrote:The real threats I'm concerned with are countries like Russia and China, armed with nuclear weapon, discontent with US dominance, and eager to contest US leadership. One nuclear war can mark an end to American history and yet we are putting all the resource on the fight against the terrorist whose best shot to date is 9/11? The terrorists are small fries by comparison, why is the entire country getting all worked up over it?

And what has China done to trump 9/11 to us? China is a fast moving powerhouse. But, they are a modern well establish country living in this Age. They are not a bunch of fanatics living in the past. They don't force thier religios beliefs by way of imtimidation and terrorism. They are rich and getting more and more powerful. The more powerful you become, the more you DON'T wan't these world conflicts. Now Russia. they are a broken country after Communism. Lord only knows whats going on over there. I'm more concerned with them selling weapons off to the terrorist with all the mismanagement. Because, it's the terrorist that are fanatic enough to use it. I mean come on, Suicide bombers because they believe they will spend eternity in heaven with 40 virgins? These people are not sane in their head.

But hey, you know how it goes... The squeeky wheel gets the grease. I'm sure a majority of our focus was on these other guys until they demanded attention, lol.
Kage72

Postby Numenor » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:53 pm

SilentRain wrote: My idea of dealing with the terrorists is to strengthen intelligence and stop their attacks; starting two wars in attempt to root them out is the real give in to the terrorists.

Yeah, but the Bush Administration got reelected in 2004. It's hard to believe they were so dumb to think that Saddam was helping terrorists like al qaeda.
Numenor
High King & International Playboy

Postby SilentRain » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:12 am

Kage72 wrote:I hate to tell you... but yes... right now... there isn't even the slightest chance of a Muslim president. Shoot, some people think that Huckabee's Mormon faith is what hurts him. This is a Christian country altho you have the right to any religion.

I won't complain about how or why people vote for who, but to run a campaign based on defending Christian faith/values/lifestyle won't get you any more votes than McCain did.

Kage72 wrote:China is a fast moving powerhouse. But, they are a modern well establish country living in this Age. They are not a bunch of fanatics living in the past. They don't force thier religios beliefs by way of imtimidation and terrorism. They are rich and getting more and more powerful. The more powerful you become, the more you DON'T wan't these world conflicts. Now Russia. they are a broken country after Communism. Lord only knows whats going on over there. I'm more concerned with them selling weapons off to the terrorist with all the mismanagement. Because, it's the terrorist that are fanatic enough to use it. I mean come on, Suicide bombers because they believe they will spend eternity in heaven with 40 virgins? These people are not sane in their head.

Do you truly believe this?
SilentRain
Practitioner of Chaos

Previous

Return to Politics