Obama wins in a landslide

Play nice.
If discussions turn into personal attacks against other forum members there will be consequences.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Obama wins in a landslide

Postby Numenor » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:22 pm

Well Nicc, you said Obama won the primaries not because he was better but because of his race. THAT is racism. What is true though is that nowadays a lot gets labeled racist that isn't racist.
Numenor
High King & International Playboy

Postby ghost » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:41 pm

Nicc wrote:TG wrote:
you have to be careful not to look like a racist if you want to make a point

You're right, I have to take care not to sound racist. Because if I say something which makes a liberal feel sad, they will call me a racist.

typical liberal who can't make an argument wrote:
Nicc sounds really angry and I hope he is not as racist as he sounds. He is making everything black/white and black is bad. I don't think he intends to do that.

What is wrong with being liberal? And what is wrong with a liberal trying to make peace? If you want to make O look like some kind of monkey with a bomb strapped on, go ahead. Who owns that monkey? Where is your proof? And if any of these complaints had any merit how did he get so far? TG gave some very good advice and you come very close to flipping him off.
ghost
Master of Chaos

Postby Nicc » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:12 pm

Well Nicc, you said Obama won the primaries not because he was better but because of his race. THAT is racism.

If Obama were White, he would not have won the primaries. He was the democrats feel-good candidate. He didn't take a strong stance on any issues other than we need change. If Obama were White instead of Black he would have been laughed out of the primaries. Hillary would have gotten the nod. She has the power base and she would have gotten the feel-good vote because she's a woman. Pointing this out is not racist. What is racist is voting for someone because their skin color makes you feel good about yourself.
NO ME SAQUES SIN RAZON, NO ME ENBAINES SIN HONOR---"Draw me not without reason, Sheath me not without honor". Ancient Spanish Proverb from 16th century swordmaker--Gallegos.
Nicc
King, International Playboy & VIP

Postby Nicc » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:27 pm

What is wrong with being liberal? And what is wrong with a liberal trying to make peace?

The extreme liberalism to which B.O. prescribes is wreckless and dangerous. His comments lead me to believe that he would sacrifice the strength and security of the free world just to have peace with our enemies. Joe Biden suggested that B.O. will be tested early in his presidency by an attack from the enemies of the U.S. Why does vice president elect Biden believe this. Why would a B.O. administration give our enemies cause to attack the U.S.???
It's because Obama approaches global diplomacy from a position of weakness. He has not indicated that he is willing to stand tough against those who seek to do harm to the U.S. Terrorists and rogue governments know that the longer they keep their enemies talking the more they can weaken their enemies. Yassir Arafat exploited this.
NO ME SAQUES SIN RAZON, NO ME ENBAINES SIN HONOR---"Draw me not without reason, Sheath me not without honor". Ancient Spanish Proverb from 16th century swordmaker--Gallegos.
Nicc

Postby SilentRain » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:41 am

Nicc wrote:What is racist is voting for someone because their skin color makes you feel good about yourself.

US is a democracy, you can vote whoever for whatever reason you want. Besides, McCain did get votes because someone's skin color makes some voters uncomfortable.

As for all these talks about black and white, perhaps it's time to learn to suck it up just like every other victims of racism. When people talk about racism, we are talking about getting denial of service, getting preferential treatment (such as in case of employment), or being targeted by hate crimes. What you are describing are merely child's play with words, and I don't see any reason to pay them any attention.

As for O B's foreign policy, I believe that is the right way to go. Bush's tough stances have already cost us a fortune (just look at the national debt), and I certainly do not wish to see McCain to follow the same policies. I happen to believe we are better off building up our wealth and military instead of spending fortune and sending our army to fight every small fly.

As for all that strength/weakness talk, I believe that a world leader is someone who can listen to everyone and work out a solution instead of deciding what's right and what's wrong and proceed unilaterally. Any enemy is potentially a friend, you just have to pitch your enemies to fight each other instead of trying to fight them all by yourself.

As for every liberals out there, stop being so agreeable and voice your opinion.

And to TG, O B's president, he should have better things to do than complaining about petty criticisms.
SilentRain
Practitioner of Chaos

Postby Kage72 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:30 pm

Thundergod wrote:Well the experienced old guard buggered everything up so Obama has to be able to do better than that with his eyes shut.

Well, was the whole dam economis situation that took away all the other issues. In almost every other area, McCain polled much higher. But, everyone voted based on economic issues. Well, those that weren't blind voting that is.
Kage72
King & International Playboy

Postby Kage72 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:45 pm

ghost wrote:Nicc sounds really angry and I hope he is not as racist as he sounds. He is making everything black/white and black is bad. I don't think he intends to do that.

What makes him sound racist? Because he didn't praise Obama? There is a definite double standard that many of us are just plain sick of. We are the white devil and that's ok. But, you better not say anything unflattering in return. How much longer are we gonna give reverse racism a free ride? With the thousands of millionare african americans, how much longer do we have to act like there is "no chance for the black man". I have lotsa black friends. But, none of them presume to hold me accountable for actions before my parent's time, lol.
Kage72

Postby SilentRain » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:01 pm

Kage72 wrote: What makes him sound racist?

I don't think Nicc was being racist. Those who accuses Nicc of being racist have no idea what real racism is about.

As for the entire black vs. white talk, that's a bunch of non-sense that media cook up so the paper sells, if you want to buy into that junk, go ahead.

The double standard is real and it's just how expectation works. Those that are better off have better things to deal with and those that are worse off gets ignored. So you can either bring yourself up to a white man's level and ignore such trifle matter, or bring yourself down to a black man's level and get ignore like the rest.
SilentRain
Practitioner of Chaos

Postby Nicc » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:40 am

As for the entire black vs. white talk, that's a bunch of non-sense that media cook up so the paper sells, if you want to buy into that junk, go ahead.

It's that non-sense and junk which has ghost and others with darker skin so angry with White people. I try to expose the non-sense for what it is.
Nicc

Postby ghost » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:47 am

SilentRain wrote:
Kage72 wrote: What makes him sound racist?

I don't think Nicc was being racist. Those who accuses Nicc of being racist have no idea what real racism is about.

The double standard is real and it's just how expectation works. Those that are better off have better things to deal with and those that are worse off gets ignored. So you can either bring yourself up to a white man's level and ignore such trifle matter, or bring yourself down to a black man's level and get ignore like the rest.

What are you saying?
ghost
Master of Chaos

Postby ghost » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:59 am

Nicc wrote:

It's that non-sense and junk which has ghost and others with darker skin so angry with White people. I try to expose the non-sense for what it is.

I am not angry with any skin color. I am angry with people that use skin color for gain or loss.
ghost
Master of Chaos

Postby Thundergod » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:39 am

In that case ghost, should you be angry with Obama for using his colour to get elected?
I believe that Hilary might have won too if she'd been the candidate.
The negative for her was that people thought Bill might still run the show.
It was time for change though, which made it harder for McCain.
Order is for idiots, genius can handle chaos.
Thundergod
Forum Deity

Postby ghost » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:25 am

Thundergod wrote:In that case ghost, should you be angry with Obama for using his colour to get elected

If Obama used his race to win, yes I should and would be angry. The people that used race were people that were against him. That part I like cuz they lost.
ghost
Master of Chaos

Postby Thundergod » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:57 am

So you don't think he used his colour?
Order is for idiots, genius can handle chaos.
Thundergod
Forum Deity

Postby Kage72 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:10 pm

ghost wrote:
Thundergod wrote:In that case ghost, should you be angry with Obama for using his colour to get elected

If Obama used his race to win, yes I should and would be angry. The people that used race were people that were against him. That part I like cuz they lost.

REALLY? I'd love for you to point out a single incident where McCain used race. It WAS actually Obama that brought up race. And, if you don't think race effected his votes, then you are TRULY niave. A complete nobody that monopolized the black vote. Yeah, there was no race involved. Now, I won't pretend that race hasn't been a factor in every election. But, just never so obvious as this one.

Did you see that one poll done of Obama supporters? They didn't know ANYTHING about him. They had never heard of Aires, but knew everything negative about Palin, huh. They didn't know who Pelosi was. They didn't know who currently controlled the Senate. Most of them were just bandwagon voters going for the "cool guy" the media made Obama out to be. The study was done to show just how much the media influences the niave. Most people don't take the time to actually look at the candidates. Most are influences by friends and 1 sided news coverage that they ASSUMED was unbiased.
Kage72

PreviousNext

Return to Politics