Obama wins in a landslide

Play nice.
If discussions turn into personal attacks against other forum members there will be consequences.

Moderator: Moderators

Obama wins in a landslide

Postby kaelari » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:58 pm

so what do people think are we all doomed now? or is this the begining of a new golden age. or will he be like every other president and do as little as possible?
"The problem with elves is they aint got no meat on their bones. What you need is a good 450 pound dwarven woman. One with a nice thick beard you can really grab onto and swing from."
Image
User avatar
kaelari
Chief executive in charge of fantasy
 
Posts: 503
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: TBD

Re: Obama wins in a landslide

Postby Kage72 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:03 pm

Welp. Doomed might be extreme. But, it does look scarey. With an inexperienced Democratic leader amidst such hostile times and a Democratic majority in the Senate amidst such trying economic times..... All we can do is cross our fingers and hope everything turns out ok, lol. I just don't see the "Golden Era" side with Pelosi/Obama. Time will tell.
User avatar
Kage72
King & International Playboy
 
Posts: 569
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:10 am

Re: Obama wins in a landslide

Postby ghost » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:53 pm

K being that Bush has 2 and 1/2 months left it would be hard to predict what Obama or Mccain (if he had been elected) will be able to do.
ghost
Master of Chaos
 
Posts: 513
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:01 am

Re: Obama wins in a landslide

Postby Thundergod » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:49 am

Well the experienced old guard buggered everything up so Obama has to be able to do better than that with his eyes shut.
Order is for idiots, genius can handle chaos.
User avatar
Thundergod
Forum Deity
 
Posts: 566
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:22 am

Re: Obama wins in a landslide

Postby garmor » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:48 pm

User avatar
garmor
King & International Playboy
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:07 am

Re: Obama wins in a landslide

Postby nomoney » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:02 pm

That's pretty funny Garmor.

By the way....not all Americans buy that bullcrap. They are the ones who lost, and alot more than just an election. Can we say dignity, patriotism, self respect. Remember there were over 50 million smarter Americans, we just couldn't defeat the 60 million leftists.
WOOO, it is good to be alive.
www.soldinohio.com
User avatar
nomoney
King $0.00
 
Posts: 830
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:48 pm

Re: Obama wins in a landslide

Postby Numenor » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:28 am

yeah, a plan to lower taxes for nearly everybody is really "change you can believe in". I mean, it's not like any politican (and any republican for sure) will say that he is going to lower taxes. Maybe one problem of McCain was that he was so obsessed with negative ads and robo calls that he just forgot to tell people that he is going to lower taxes.
Numenor
High King & International Playboy
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:32 am

Re: Obama wins in a landslide

Postby Nicc » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:34 am

What change will Obama bring? Appoint Rahm Emanuel as chief of staff? A Clinton butt-boy. Appointed to Freddie Mac board of trustees which lowered the standards for mortgages which brought about the current economic crisis. Fantastic idea. Let's bring back the same retards from the Clinton experiment and create more of the same problems.

On a side note. Will it be considered racist to post photos comparing Obama to a chimpanzee the way Bush haters do? He has the ears for it.
NO ME SAQUES SIN RAZON, NO ME ENBAINES SIN HONOR---"Draw me not without reason, Sheath me not without honor". Ancient Spanish Proverb from 16th century swordmaker--Gallegos.
User avatar
Nicc
King, International Playboy & VIP
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:42 pm

Re: Obama wins in a landslide

Postby ghost » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:45 am

Nicc wrote:What change will Obama bring? Appoint Rahm Emanuel as chief of staff? A Clinton butt-boy. Appointed to Freddie Mac board of trustees which lowered the standards for mortgages which brought about the current economic crisis. Fantastic idea. Let's bring back the same retards from the Clinton experiment and create more of the same problems.

On a side note. Will it be considered racist to post photos comparing Obama to a chimpanzee the way Bush haters do? He has the ears for it.

Retards? butt-boy? Racist to post photos comparing Obama to a chimpanzee?
What the hell is the matter with you?
ghost
Master of Chaos
 
Posts: 513
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:01 am

Re: Obama wins in a landslide

Postby Thundergod » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:46 am

To answer your last question Nicc.....yes.
Order is for idiots, genius can handle chaos.
User avatar
Thundergod
Forum Deity
 
Posts: 566
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:22 am

Re: Obama wins in a landslide

Postby Nicc » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:34 pm

To answer your last question Nicc.....yes


Why is it acceptable for liberals to make comments about Bush, but if conservatives make the same comments about Obama we are considered racist.
Obama has similar ears to Bush. If you catch either of them with the right facial expression they both look like chimps. They both stumble over their speeches when they're not reading from a teleprompter. They both made goofy comments while on the campaign trail. They both used cocaine when they were younger. They both have their faults.

For the next four years, everyone who criticizes Obama will be labeled a racist. Why? Because the liberals have been pushing the idea that Black people are oppressed by White people. And we should give Black people a free ride. A Black man robs a gas station so we should feel sorry for him because he can't make it any other way. A Black man is addicted to drugs, but it's not his fault. A Black man with a law degree is thrust into the national spotlight because he talks about change. He has a history of associating himself with racist, White-hating preachers and domestic terrorists. He associates with foreign leaders who are committing genocide in their own country. He claims to be Christian but panders to muslims as if he were one of them. Obama would not have made it past the primaries if he were White. The liberal media would have blasted him and destroyed him. But he is Black, and he was given a pass. He talks about instituting a national police force. His allies talk about bringing back The Fairness Doctrine which will destroy free speech for conservatives. If these were conservatives saying these things they would be called Nazis. But these are liberals, and now they are led by a Black man. So they get a pass.

Don't label me a racist just because I criticize or mock a liberal.
NO ME SAQUES SIN RAZON, NO ME ENBAINES SIN HONOR---"Draw me not without reason, Sheath me not without honor". Ancient Spanish Proverb from 16th century swordmaker--Gallegos.
User avatar
Nicc
King, International Playboy & VIP
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:42 pm

Re: Obama wins in a landslide

Postby SilentRain » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:50 pm

Thundergod wrote:To answer your last question Nicc.....yes

I disagree. I think anyone is free to make fun of how the incoming president looks, from facial features, bone structures, down to the color of his skin. Promoting hatred, however, is a different story. I loved Obama's response to this incident:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/uselection2008/barackobama/3270209/Barack-Obama-Neo-nazi-assassination-plot-smashed-by-US-government.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/us_elections_2008/7694430.stm

And I agree that hatred and anger is not the future of America.

Nicc wrote: He has a history of associating himself with racist, White-hating preachers and domestic terrorists.

The very same "racist, white-hating preachers and domestic terrorist" is now a professor teaching at an American university and living a respectable life. If the said individual is really what McCain camp claims he is, why hasn't the court taken him in? McCain camp clearly has the resource and the influence to prompt the court to arrest and prosecute an individual. In the end, his claim and the facts just don't add up.

What we do have, is a camp that plays dirty (which is fine), but did a terrible job at it (which is not fine). I mean, if you really want to attack your opponent, at least pull something like the case of power abuse against Palin while she's the governor of Alaska; a committee was formed, the incident was "investigated", the defendant was "found guilty", and the best part: there were no trails of Democrat affiliation (even though they were probably pulling the strings behind the back) so it won't backfire like it did against the McCain camp. Seriously, whose intelligence was McCain camp trying to insult?

I was displeased with Obama's comment earlier that week which basically narrows down to "discussing solutions to financial crisis can wait, presidential debate can't wait", but after seeing McCain camp pulling something like this, I took a whole new perspective.

Nicc wrote: He associates with foreign leaders who are committing genocide in their own country.

I prefer this method over spending money to fight them. As a matter of fact, we have been doing that for decades and I don't see how McCain will do any different. It's just a question of which tyrants will you associate with and which tyrants will you fight against.

Nicc wrote: He claims to be Christian but panders to muslims as if he were one of them.

I don't see the problem with that, aren't we all Americans?
User avatar
SilentRain
Practitioner of Chaos
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:35 pm
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Re: Obama wins in a landslide

Postby ghost » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:27 pm

Nicc sounds really angry and I hope he is not as racist as he sounds. He is making everything black/white and black is bad. I don't think he intends to do that.
ghost
Master of Chaos
 
Posts: 513
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:01 am

Re: Obama wins in a landslide

Postby Thundergod » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:26 am

Nicc I answered the question.

Comparing Bush to a chimp wouldn't be considered racist, just funny.

I have no problem with ridiculing the President.

With Obama now in that position, you have to be careful not to look like a racist if you want to make a point, whether using humour or otherwise.
Failing to take care will mean your message is missed.
Order is for idiots, genius can handle chaos.
User avatar
Thundergod
Forum Deity
 
Posts: 566
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:22 am

Re: Obama wins in a landslide

Postby Nicc » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:59 pm

TG wrote:
you have to be careful not to look like a racist if you want to make a point


You're right, I have to take care not to sound racist. Because if I say something which makes a liberal feel sad, they will call me a racist.

typical liberal who can't make an argument wrote:
Nicc sounds really angry and I hope he is not as racist as he sounds. He is making everything black/white and black is bad. I don't think he intends to do that.
NO ME SAQUES SIN RAZON, NO ME ENBAINES SIN HONOR---"Draw me not without reason, Sheath me not without honor". Ancient Spanish Proverb from 16th century swordmaker--Gallegos.
User avatar
Nicc
King, International Playboy & VIP
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:42 pm

Next

Return to Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron